Best Sandals for Travel 2017: 8 Stylish & Comfortable Shoes
Comfort vs. style has long been a classic conundrum for the fashion-conscious traveler. Everyday flats aren’t necessarily the most practical for a busy itinerary, but something more orthopedic in design might have you cropping your feet out of your vacation photos.
We sorted through all types of sandals to find the best women's sandals for travel. Our picks are designed to maximize comfort—using technology like shock absorption, memory-foam insoles, and breathable upper fabrics—without compromising style.
Oh, and one last suggestion: A weekend staycation is a great way to break in your new favorite travel shoes before you go.
Overall, here are some of the qualities that make for the perfect sandal for a long-term or full-time traveler:
- Water resistant
- Comfortable footbed for walking
- Good sole for walking on multiple surfaces
- Ankle straps to hold the foot in place and increase versatility
- Stylish for multiple occasions
- Easy to put on and take off
- Lightweight and compact for packing
Without further ado, here's our favorite picks -
- Hari Mari Women's Scouts Sandal
- Reef Women's Fanning Bottle Opener Sandals
- Chaco Women's Dorra
- Teva Women's Terra-Float Nova Sandal
- Olukai Women's Kulapa Kai Sandals
- Birkenstock Women's Arizona Mocha Suede (R) Soft Footbed Sandal
- Antelope Women's Woven Ankle Band Wedge
- Teva Women's Olowahu Sandal
- Jessica K.