Top 10 Things to Do at The Boardwalk on Okaloosa Island
With Okaloosa Island being so close to Fort Walton Beach, it's the perfect place to find plenty of fun activities the whole family can enjoy. Here are some of our staff's top picks for the best things to do at The Boardwalk on Okaloosa Island.
- Walk the Okaloosa Island Fishing Pier - This concrete pier is over 1,200 feet long! It's open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and only costs $2 to walk the pier if you aren't fishing.
- Explore our Okaloosa Island Beaches - While the entire gulf coast is lined with beautiful beaches, locals love the pristine white sand and emerald waters of the 5 miles of beaches on Okaloosa Island. Much of the beach is undeveloped so visitors can enjoy nature at its best. See the beach live at the boardwalk on Gulf Coast Beach Cams.
- Shop at Islanders Coastal Outfitter - Voted the "Best of the Emerald Coast" beachwear retailer, locals and visitors alike enjoy the variety of top surf brand clothing and shoes and the friendly staff at Islanders Coastal Outfitter.
- Grab at delicious taco at Rockin' Tacos - Check out one of the newest restaurants on the Boardwalk! Next door to Islanders Coastal Outfitter, Rockin' Tacos allows visitors to enjoy amazing tacos and margaritas while enjoying an incredible view of the beach.
- Encounter Sea Creatures the Gulfarium - Kids and Adults enjoy dolphin shows and visiting penguins, turtles and and sea lions at this marine park located right on the beach.
- Spend the Day at Wild Willy's Adventure Zone - Across the street from The Boardwalk on Okaloosa Island, you can play video games, putt, putt, enjoy a 4D movie experience, and eat delicious pizza.
- Watch Okaloosa Island Fireworks - Every Wednesday at 9pm during the summer until Labor Day weekend, the skies explode in an amazing light show at The Boardwalk.
- Enjoy Live Music at Al's Burger Bar - On Friday and Saturday nights, sometimes on Sunday and Wednesday, great music fills the air at one of the coolest burger joints on the beach.
- Sink Your Teeth into a Juicy Steak at The Black Pearl - We love the great views of the gulf and delicious food at The Black Pearl. Don't take our word for it though, you'll have to try it yourself.
- Savor a Gelato Cone at Pino Gelato - Known as the "Best Authentic Italian Gelato" a visit to the Boardwalk isn't complete without enjoying one of their sweet treats.
We hope you enjoyed our list. Reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any suggestions for great things to do that we may have missed.
We know you'll have a blast at The Boardwalk on Okaloosa Island!
- Jessica K.